October 18, 2009

Alzheimers Memory Walk. A Call for donations.

October 3, 2009 marked three years since my Grandma Soja passed away. She was an amazing woman and I have fantastic memories of her. Unfortunately, towards the end of her life she developed dementia, a condition that is very similar to Alzheimer’s.

GrandmaCrepeMertle.jpg

In 2007 My sister decided to participate in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk in Boston. She walked in memory of our Grandmother, who passed away the year before. I remember being really proud of her for just getting out there and doing something. But, it wasn't until last year when she walked again when I thought... hey... I should do that too. So in 2008 my family and I took part in the first ever Hays County Memory Walk.

On October 24, I'm doing it again. And...Yes, I'm asking you to visit my page and donate money for Alzheimer's research. I chose $500 as my goal to collect... with a team goal of $1,000. I'd love to shatter both goals if possible and with your help.

The Alzheimer’s Memory Walk is quite a powerful experience. If your life has been touched by Alzheimer’s I’d highly recommend participating in a walk. This year I’m walking with members of my family and my church family. I’m a proud member of Team Kyle United Methodist Church.

If you’re in the Hays County area... please feel free to join us - http://www.memorywalk.kintera.org/hays09/kumc.

Where:
San Marcos, Texas
The City of San Marcos: Old Fish Hatchery.
On the corner of CM ALLEN PARKWAY AND HOPKINS

When:
Saturday, October 24, 2009 - Registration and Check In at 8:00am. Walk begins at 8:30am

If you’d like to make a donation… please follow this link to my personal fund-raising page - http://www.memorywalk.kintera.org/hays09/seanclaes

Thanks for your time.

Harper represents!

No comments: