2009 Texas Rockfest
Four Days. Nine Stages. FREE.
By Sean Claes
Texas Rockfest is an Austin-born tradition that spurred from the idea that the third week in Austin should be accessible to everyone – bands that would like to play, fans that would like to watch, and folks who want to have a good time without spending a dime on entertainment. The mantra that organizer Adam Brewer has chanted for years is “No Badges, No Bracelets, No Problem.” At it’s inception, it was called the “Heart of Texas Quadruple Bypass Festival.” After reading that you can understand two things… where the Texas Flag Heart logo came from and why they decided to shorten the name to Texas Rockfest.
Now in it’s 10th year, Texas Rockfest is bigger than ever, boasting four outdoor stages and five club spots. There’s genre-specific stages like the Hip-Hop and R&B stage and Singer/Songwriter stage, and there’s also the outdoor stages which will offer the gamut of musical styles from rock to metal to alternative to Americana. For a full list of bands and where to see them, visit texasrockfest.com or come to one of the locations between March 18-21 and pick up a program.
TRF Outdoor 1 – (7th & Neches)
TRF Outdoor 2 (7th & Neches)
HML Outdoor 1 (7th & Trinity)
HML Outdoor 2 (7th & Trinity)
RockFest Club Stage 1 - Treasure Island (413 E 6th St)
RockFest Club Stage 2 - Mugshots (407 E. 7th St.)
Rockfest Club Stage 3 - Malaia (300 E 6th St)
Singer / Songwriter Stage - Pure (409 E 6th St)
Hip-Hop/R&B Stage – Fuel (607 Trinity St)3 Kisses (Austin)
– “Texas Party Punk” - Experience an explosive, high-energy performance with a positive party vibe.
Web: 3kisses.comAmerican Zeros (Dallas)
- This rock trio has been compared to Foo Fighters, Incubus, Collective Soul, and Cheap Trick.
Web: americanzeros.comAfter Midnight Project (Los Angeles, CA)
- Based in Los Angeles the rock outfit watched their star rise via hard work and melodic, face smashing anthems.
Web: myspace.com/aftermidnightprojectAshbury (Las Vegas, NV)
- First found success when they won both a local and the subsequent national “Have a Nice Gig” contest thrown by internationally known artist Bon Jovi in 2006. After playing with Bon Jovi at MGM Grand Gardens, Jon Bon Jovi and Ritchie Sambora personally invited the band to join them on their tour at Giant’s Stadium in New Jersey, in front of 50,000 people.
Web: myspace.com/ashburyAtomic Outlaws (Tacoma, WA)
Rolling Stone says: "Seeing The Atomic Outlaws is like having a ring side seat at Pearl Harbor. The Most Explosive live band of 2009"
Web: theatomicoutlaws.comThe Banner Year (Austin)
- Punk-influenced pop-rock band from Austin, TX that is gathering steam nationwide with their unique songcraft and intense live performances.
Web: myspace.com/TheBannerYearBefore Dawn (Austin) -
A super hot DIY Duo who makes sexy, nerdy, dance music with heavy beats, rock guitars and experimental pop aesthetics. Austin’s bravest buzz band!
Web: beforedawnband.comBig Fat Alice (Seattle, WA)
likes its music like its women: Big, Fat & Rockin'. They write lush, explosive lyrics thick with emotion and texture. The jams stick in your head with unforgettable melody & shredding guitar. This band's sound truly satisfies the whole palate of rock 'n' roll taste. Want to sample that big, fat sound?
Web: sonicbids.com/bigfataliceJustin Black (Derry, Ireland by way of Nashville)
- Justin Black’s raw unique sound cuts to your soul and plants the seeds of authenticity. Life is the influence this cancer survivor uses to bring a fresh sound you won’t soon forget. Black Queen Speaks (Houston, TX)
- Black Queen Speaks delivers broad strokes of blues, funk, and hard rock through a clear channel of soul.
Web: blackqueenspeaks.comButcherwhite (Austin)
- Loud, raw & heavy original hard rock with a nod to old school metal and classic punk.
Web: butcherwhite.comCold December (Fall City, WA)
- Cold December is a progressive rock group out of the woods of Fall City Wa, and was formed in December of 2008.
Web: myspace.com/colddecemberThe Culprit
- UK based electronic rock band, heavy and hooky, six strings meet sawtooths! Explosive live show, also back touring in the summer...check it out!
Web: myspace.com/theculprit1Lilian Borunda (New York, NY)
- A vivacious singer with vocals compared to that of Christina and Mariah, Lilian Borunda’s songs bring a young, trendy, and truthful perspective to pop/r&b music..
Web: myspace.com/LilianBorundaMusicDawn Over Zero (Austin)
- From the pages of Metal Edge Magazine to the Ernie Ball Stage at Warped Tour, the band has accomplished much in their emergent existence.
Web: myspace.com/dawnoverzeroJon Davidson (Portland, OR)
- Jon Davidson is an alt/rock artist from Oregon. He tours internationally and his music can be heard on over 100 stations in 38 states.
Web: jondavidsonmusic.comDC4 (Los Angeles, CA)
- With some of the most impressive hard rock credits behind their name, DC4 is comprised of Rowan Robertson (guitar), Jeff Duncan (guitar/lead vocals), Matt Duncan (bass, backing vocals), and Shawn Duncan (drums). Past associations of individual band members include stints with Ronnie James Dio, Odin and Armored Saint, among other notable major and independent label-recording artists.
, airplaydirect.com/dc4Dead Earth Politics (Austin)-
A thundering mix of old and new metal influences, and a helping of dissidence, Dead Earth Politics is here to brand their Mark on Texas!
Web: deadearthpolitics.comDead Town Revival (Chicago)
- driving melodic music that speaks of love lost, hard luck and a complete disdain for authority. They have created a unique style that stays rooted in the undeniable 'Chicago punk sound'.
Web: deadtownrevival.comDeejer (Austin)
- In 2008, Deejer released “Dark Summer Dawn,” showcased at Amplify Music Festival in Vegas, and were endorsed by Traben Bass Co. and Michael Kelly Guitars. This spring, Deejer will be included in the reissue of “An Education in Rebellion: The Biography of Nikki Sixx” bonus CD.
Web: myspace.com/deejerDented (Austin) -
A freight train crashing through a Guitar Center, and their 2009 debut EP---Wolf at the Table---would do little to prove otherwise: think Queens of the Stone Age… only half the weed and twice the whiskey.
Web: myspace.com/dentedatx Divide The Day (Cotton, CA)
- Seeking refuge from a stagnant music scene in Southern California, Divide the Day can be best described as hard-hitting, ass-shaking, Dirty Western Rock!
Web: myspace.com/dividethedayDremnt The End (Austin)
- A 4 piece rock band from Austin, TX.
Web: dremnttheend.com Droids Attack (Madison, WI)
- Droid's throw down style consistently leads all scowling metal heads in the room to the front row beaming with delight. It's fun to have your ass kicked this good.
Web: myspace.com/droidsattackRocko Dorsey (New York)
- Punk rock/power pop trio for fans of high energy Rock and Roll and the return of guitar solos!
Web: myspace.com/rockodorseyExit380 (Denton, TX)
- Formed in the Spring of 1999, this traveling rock band has produced four full length albums & one compilation "best of" disc: Exit380's style comes from a varied combination of rock, alternative, & blues. What sets this band apart is their dedication to their grassroots fanbase, eclectic writing styles, & energetic live shows.
Web: myspace.com/exit380Faded (Northwest, US)
- Combine distinct writing styles and sounds with the influence of classic rock, classical, and hard rock genres and you get five guys known as Faded.
Web: myspace.com/fadedmusicFolio (Los Angeles)
- "Next Wave Electro-Rock." Newly signed to Hensley Records. 3 songs in new "Stoked" game (Xbox 360). Multiple TV/Podcast placements. Writing new album
, folioband.comFor Every Day (Dallas)
- High above the horizon of today’s emerging rock heavyweights, flies the refined refrains of For Every Day. Their masterful mix of heavy-hitting rock anthems and carefully-crafted melodies converts almost everyone into instant fans.
, myspace.com/foreverydayFortress of Attitude (Los Angeles)
- Half rock band, half comedy troupe, Fortress of Attitude packages hilarious, hard-hitting songs into a stage show littered with costumes, props and audience participation.
Web: myspace.com/fortressofattitudeFreebleeder (Austin)
- Buy the cheapest tall boy you can find, shake the Hell out of it, then pop the top. Meet Freebleeder- Drink and Destroy."
Web: myspace.com/freebleederFull Service (Austin)
- FS is like pizza. I dare you to try to describe what pizza tastes like! The only thing to do is eat it… and love it.
Web: fullservicemusic.comFull Stride (Austin)
- Wide open rock and roll with a tone that is unmistakably full throttle. Amber Dickerson, on guitar, pushes that big sound through both a vintage Orange guitar rig and an Ampeg SVT classic bass amp to cover the bottom end. A vehicle with that much power can only be driven with strength and fineness. Trent parker straps in and commands this ride, cranking out rhythm on his drums as though he had a big block engine floored.
Web: myspace.com/fullstrideFulton Read (Austin)
- Fulton Read wants to rock with you til the world ends in 2012....don't ya worry about tomorrow cuz we're living right now.
and myspace.com/fultonreadGoodnight Goddess -
"It takes most first-timers a moment to realize the vocalist is male, but then the group will transition in seconds from the frailty of Bright Eyes to the frenzied aggression of System of a Down..."
Web: goodnightgoddess.comGrady (Austin)
- Gordie "Grady" Johnson guitars and lead vocals, "Big" Ben Richardson bass and vocals, Nina "Drumbellina" Singh drums and more vocals
"The soundtrack to your next bar-fight..."--Classic Rock Magazine
"I been listenin' to Grady every day."--Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
- An acoustic balladeer who sings direct, honest music delivered alternately with the fire of a street preacher or the quiet of a gravedigger.
Web: grampadrew.comJohnny Hardy (Dallas) -
This Dallas artist reflects influences of George Harrison, Bob Dylan, David Bowie etc; a departure from his other performing acts Hawk Vs Dove, Manifesto Destiny, and Holy Diver.
Web: myspace.com/paidattentionHawk Vs Dove (Dallas)
- Heavy Sludge Stoner Rock similar to Boris, Earth, Harvey Milk, the Melvins, NWOFHM, The Psychic Paramount, Comets on Fire, The Goslings, Cave, Les Rallizes DeNudes, Burmese, Nadja, Black Mayonnaise, Circle, Expo 70, Aquarius Records ... etc. etc. etc.
Web: myspace.com/HawkVersusDoveHotel St. George (San Diego, CA)
- Hotel St. George formed in January of 2008 and they don't play sublime covers.
Web: myspace.com/hotelstgeorgeIllusion33 (Sandpoint, ID)
- Hailing from the Inland Northwest, Illusion 33's modern rock sound is gaining fans exponentially across the country with their in your face high energy performances.
or myspace.com/illusion33Imperial Battlesnake (Chicago)
- With razor-sharp guitar riffs and cast-iron vocals Imperial Battlesnake ride roughshod astride a rhythm section fervently dedicated to punishing dynamics.
Web: imperialbattlesnake.comLenny King And The Heroine (San Antonio)
- This Texas Rock outfit plays over 150 dates a year touring through out the nation. Rocking the Hearts of every man woman and child they meet.
Web: myspace.com/theheroinerockKANUDE (Houston)
- The musical project of Kingsville-born, Houston-bred, song maestro Chris Knudson. This self-proclaimed Americronica is a new musical breed that brings together the best elements of Tin-Pan Alley songwriting with 1960s and 70s Southern Rock and Pop.
Web: kanude.comKreisor (New York City)
- Inspired by 70's legends such as Hawkwind, Deep Purple, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult and Captain Beyond and the NYC & European heavy music scenes of today; psychedelic hard rock of the highest order.
& teepeerecords.comKriticKill (Temple, TX)
- Hard rocking band from Central Texas. Have three self released CD's, "Trust", Psalms" & "Nothing Time Can't Heal". Currently working on their Fourth CD. Have toured to east and west coasts. Worked with Multi Platinum Producer Beau Hill.
& myspace.com/kritickillLanguage Room (Austin)
- fresh off the release of their debut album One By One, Language Room is changing what to expect from Austin bands.
Web: languageroom.netLedaswan (San Antonio)
- Ledaswan inhabit a terrain where the manicured noise of the 'White Light / White Heat' era Velvets meets the narcotic woozy world of Mazzy Star.
, myspace.com/ledaswan Love Trucker (Vancouver, WA)
– A four person band, they grew up craving the attitude and swagger of rock lore from the past. Their sound delivers an authentic rock and roll vibe masterfully crafted in the traditional roots of American music. Influences range from Chuck Berry to Led Zeppelin to Gram Parsons. They are on a singular mission to share their passion and vision of American Rock and Roll, adding their own unique layer to musical greatness.
Web: myspace.com/lovetruckerbandLucid (Spokane, WA)
- From the Pacific Northwest, Lucid is a mixture of hard rock and metal with soaring melodic vocals. This is a band to watch out for.
Web: myspace.com/lucidbandAndy Macintyre & The Primal Groove
- Andy Macintyre plays the perfect infusion of Classic Rock and Blues; a killer combination of melt-your-face guitar playing mixed with a soulful voice.
or andymacintyre.comMarashino (Milwaukee, WI)
Formed in 2002. From the very beginning they had a goal - to deliver well crafted rock songs and to give their fans a memorable live experience.
, marashinomusic.comMan Automatic (Sacramento, CA)
- For six years, rock band Man Automatic's fresh sound and stunning live performance have earned them critical acclaim and an impressive fan base
Web: manautomatic.comManifesto Destiny (Dallas)
- Miniature instruments? Band started as a party cover band called Holy Diver (never a Dio Tribute) and quickly made a name for themselves as an energetic thrust machine that takes people through many changes. Now an all original band renamed (appropriately) Manifesto Destiny.
Web: myspace.com/manifestodestinybandMonstro Flora (Los Angeles)
- L.A. Indie band with an arty approach to pop-sensible songwriting. Monstro Flora navigates the spaces between full-throttle, wall-of-sound rock and intimate, sparse vulnerability convincingly and with ease.
and myspace.com/monstrofloraMonte Montgomery (Austin)
– Monte Montgomery has taken the acoustic guitar beyond anyone's expectations. With his amazing fretwork, unique combination finger and pick style playing through trailblazing "chordal" thoroughfares often baffling even the most accomplished players. In 2004 Monte was named on Guitar Player Magazine's list of "Top 50 Greatest Guitarists Of All Time."
Web: montemontgomery.comMothers Anthem (Austin) -
Born from unrelenting passion and a wealth of experience, Mothers Anthem crashes through barriers and brings new life to the rock scene with songs that lift, instruct and connect with those seeking to find music with meaning. When created, the band had one goal in mind, to deliver each song as a passionate message. The music has a purpose. The purpose is to inspire.
Web: myspace.com/mothersanthemMoxxy (Elgin, IL)-
a collaboration of musical talent that has successfully fused the Midwest’s greatest underground scenes to create an original style. This is a high energy band with screaming guitar riffs, ridiculous bass lines, insane percussion, passionate lyrics, and powerful vocals.
Web: myspace.com/moxxymusicNew Professionals (New York City)-
An original rock band that tours America and gets radio play in various cities around the world...Karen Curious, born in Tennessee, raised in S. California and Texas ended up in NYC where she formed New Professionals and met up with drummer Nate Smith from Utah and bassist/guitarist Abigail Hennessy from Washington DC. All three musicians have extensive histories in rock bands throughout their lives on this earth.
, myspace.com/newprofessionalsNipsey (Hoboken, NJ)
- 70's rock mixed with punk and blues and in your face guitar mayhem. And trips to outer space. Seriously. If you want to know about the merits of space travel, and enjoy blazing guitars and one of the most solid, slamming rhythm sections around, then come and see us. After all, it's all coming on.
Web: myspace.com/nipseyband Nocturnal Sun (Austin)
- Real. Groovy. Metal. Nocturnal Sun is a 5 piece from Austin, Texas that brings it! Come see for yourself.
Web: myspace.com/1nocturnalsunNothing More (San Antonio)
- Passionately progressive rock with a live show full of energy, eclectic drum break downs, innovative instruments (such as the "bassanator"), and unparalleled showmanship.
and/or myspace.com/nothingmoremusicOak is Keeping (Austin)
- Oak is Keeping jams out a blend of stoner rock that will give you a love punch in the face.
Web: oakiskeeping.comEddie "Fingers" Ojeda (New York)
- Solo artist and guitarist for the legendary multi gold and platinum selling group TWISTED SISTER will be rocking the main stage at Texas Rockfest on March 20. He'll be performing some TS Classics, as well as songs from his recent Solo CD "Axes to Axes", which features appearances by rock legends such as Ronnie James Dio, Joe Lynn Turner, Dee Snider, Joe Franco, Rudy Sarzo, Terry Ilous and Chris McCarvill.
Web: myspace.com/eddieojedaOne-Eyed Doll (Austin)
"...combines the rock-star bravado of a Jack White (or Jack Black) with the visual impact of a Japanese Anime... a super heroine that's alternately fierce, outrageous, vulnerable and sweet."
Web: OneEyedDoll.comParallel The Sky (Lake Charles, LA)
– A home grown intense, powerful, and energetic rock group from Lake Charles, LA. Their music is in your face with catchy guitar riffs and unforgettable lyrics backed with solid drum patterns, and smooth bass lines.
Web: myspace.com/paralleltheskyPetals (Austin)
- Petals is a female-fronted rock band whose love of sixties music fused with modern pop sensibilities makes for an undeniably fresh sound.
Web: myspace.com/petalsbandPimpadelic (Fort Worth)
- A mix of hard rock, a little rap and even some country music, these guys are truly talented at bringing danger back to rock-n-roll.
Web: myspace.com/pimpadelicPowderburn (Austin)
– A multi-award winning metal band from Austin, Texas. The band is sponsored by Jagermeister and Budweiser, and are veterans of the Austin scene, and no strangers to the Heart of Texas Rockfest.
Web: powderburn.netQuartershackle (Austin)
Hard-rock outfit QUARTERSHACKLE have established themselves as a band with a dynamic sound and relentless stage presence, featuring hard-hitting riffs and tempo changes with clever ability and approach.
Web: quartershackle.comRagsy (Los Angeles, CA)
- En route to matrimonial bliss in Mexico one hot September day 2002, Kelly Barnes and Sutton Althisar formed a band. Sadly the nuptial did not survive its trials and the once inseparable pair made the difficult decision to end the marriage. However, what was conceived between these overwhelmingly talented, passionate lovers is Ragsy. Their story is good. Their music is refreshingly heartbreaking. Their live performance is undeniable and fiercely captivating.
Web: myspace.com/ragsyThe Kieran Ridge Band (Allston, MA)-
Kieran Ridge writes back to basics roots rock & roll - mixing together the best of blues, country, and rock into their own unique style.
Web: thekieranridgeband.comRook (Austin)
- "All three members are multi-talented and bring their considerable skills to bear. Their live shows are full of energy, dynamic change, surprises, and humor. The three are polished performers and musicians and it is always a joy to catch their show." - TwoGroove.com
Web: myspace.com/rookthebandRude Rachel (Austin)
- A three piece experimental rock band created by artists, Kasey Short(vocals, strings), Steven Schuster (percussion), and Chuck Beaman(keys,guitar). Rude Rachel is from the live music capital of the world, named after its fierce muse, "Rude Rachel."
Web: myspace.com/ruderachellThe Secret State (Jacksonville, FL)
- Music is an emotion that we choose to wear on our sleeves and show the world. To us it is "all about the music". Let us show you how we feel.
Web: myspace.com/thesecretstaterocks Simplistic Urge (Chicago, IL)
- Simplistic Urge are hard hitting rockers from Chicago, IL. Picked as MTV2 on the rise Artist from Chicago in 2008.
Web: myspace.com/simplisticurgeShandon Sahm (Austin)
- The youngest of Sir Doug Sahm. Besides playing with his dad he has played w/Gibby Haynes and His Problem and Curt Kirkwood of The Meat Puppets. Now Shandon embarks on a solo 70's glam rock journey. Time to bring back fun,big,rock shows like there used to be before the weight of the world crashed peoples hopes
Web: myspace.com/shandonsahmShe Wolves (New York)
- A Sonic Rampage inflicted by ex-Cycle Slut & Co., the last enduring menace from an ever-sanitizing New York Shitty. Dava She Wolf, Tony Mann, Ash Gray, Laurie Safdie
Web: myspace.com/shewolvesShorelines End (Dallas, TX)
- In a very short time SE has made it's way onto the industry radar with several Major Labels showing interest. Shorelines End recently signed with TQ Management headed by veteran manager Tommy Quon (Vanilla Ice - Capital; Blessid Union of Souls - EMI; Marcos Hernandez - TVT , Forever the Sickest Kids - Universal & Red Car Wire - Universal).
Web: myspace.com/shorelinesendKevin Smith (Austin)
- With a deep, booming voice harking back to a time in music history when singers like Johnny Cash reigned supreme, Kevin Smith's songs relate to just about anybody, and his sound is all his own, no doubt.
Web: myspace.com/kevinsmithbandSnake Skin Prison (Austin)
- Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the Loudest Spectacle Under the Sky!! Snake Skin Prison drips down your throat one scream at a time!!
Web: snakeskinprison.comStreet Light Suzie (Austin)
- a monster dirty rock and roll three piece strait outta Austin TX
Web: streetlightsuzie.comStrike the Sun (Longview, TX)
- Well I am the wolf, that wears the clothing of the sheep…" This lyric is a fitting description of Strike the Sun. The guys that make up the band are the nicest most laid back people that you could meet, but when the curtain goes up and the amps hit full song you'll want to hide your girl and leave your poser wanna be rock star gear at home. This hard rock band means business...
Web: myspace.com/strikethesunSuperPancho (Germany)
- Since 2006, SuperPancho has become a synthesis of music, art and philosophy. For the German band, Texas Rockfest 2009 will be the debut on US soil.
Web: superpancho.nettandoorifinger (Austin)
- Since 2008, tandoorifinger has been turning heads with their genre-bending sets around Austin. Deep grooves, three lead vocalists, and a distinctly new sound.
Web: tandoorifinger.comthelastplaceyoulook (Houston)
is a rock band. They recently released their debut full length "see the light inside you". It is available on itunes.
Web: thelastplaceyoulookonline.comTrashy And The Kid (Austin)
- TATK consists of a flamboyant cross dresser, a brooding chef, a cheerful hippy, a lecherous dyke, and a hyperactive Christian. Guess which is which.
(CD on iTunes)Mike Truth & The Replacement Killers (Austin)
- A true fusion of funk, hip-hop, jazz & rock, this band, made up of veteran musicians from the austin area, that has a sound that is definitely unique to it's own.
Web: myspace.com/miketruthandthereplacementkillersTrebuchet (Denton, TX)
- Hailing from the rural, music metropolis that is Denton, TX, Trebuchet is what one might expect; and yet the use of the proverbial phrase "and then some" would be a sufficient ending to that expectation. Trebuchet dabbles in rock-and-roll, jazz, blues, metal, and prog. to keep the music experience close to their roots, and translate it all into a live experience that one will hear in their head over and over for weeks to come.
Web: myspace.com/trebuchetbandUnderdriven (Austin)
- Mixing powerful guitar riffs and harmonious lyricism, Underdriven sends a loud message with the local release of their self-titled debut album.
Web: underdriven.comThe Upper Echelon (Austin)
- A small band with a big sound. Two acoustic guitars, drums and a hell of a lot of harmony.
Web: myspace.com/theupperechelonrockThe Van Gobots
- Formed in the summer of 2007 in a sweaty practice space in Minneapolis, The van Gobots play a driving brand of post-punk revival.
Web: myspace.com/thevangobotsJesse Vick Band (Fort Worth)
- The Jesse Vick Band is truly a rare breed of amazing young talent, and they are prime and ready to take the world by storm.
Web: myspace.com/jessevickrocksWhite Witch Canyon (East Bay, CA)
- Hailing from Northern California, White Witch Canyon is a blend of Psychedelic, Heavy, Blues based Rock ... ala Queens of the Stone Age meets Black Sabbath. It will flat line even the casual fan or rock music. With insane riffage and thought provoking lyrics, White Witch Canyon is the future and the future is now.
Web: whitewitchcanyon.comWicker (Los Angeles, CA)
- This trio is a Hollywood party that combines hip hop, industrial and screamo to create a frenzy in the club.
Web: myspace.com/wickerbandWitchburn (Austin)
- Awe-inspiring vocals over heavy, down-tuned, whiskey-soaked sabbra cadabra. Their ready-for-battle anthems, apocalyptic overtones and dirty, doom-laden riffs command you to throw your metal horns up high!
Web: myspace.com/witchburnWrinkle Neck Mules (Richmond, VA)
- If you like bluegrass and Americana with a side order of foot-stompin’ banjo and a light dusting of Southern rock, Wrinkle Neck Mules are a godsend. – Sounds XP
Web: wrinkleneckmules.comWriter (San Diego, CA)
- In a small corner of San Diego, Writer drives melodies through the air sharp as nails; while plugged into buzzing amps in a space cluttered with a dozen instruments and tangled cords.
Web: writertheband.comWyrdgrl (Austin)-
Singer-songwriter Dana Davis began her professional singing career at 13. Cover bands ranging jazz to heavy metal, Gilley's house singer, Peer-Southern and PolyGram published writer to founder of femme-prog-rock innovators Velvet Hammer to solo artist Wyrdgrl creating life-adventures sifted thru the mask of mythos.