October 12, 2009

2009 Alzheimer's Memory Walk - Hays County



October 3, 2009 marks three years since my Grandma Helen Soja passed away. I am going to walk in the 2nd Annual Hays County Alzheimer's Memory Walk in her honor on October 24.

I would be honored if you would help me honor my Grandma's memory AND raise money for Alzheimer's research. Simply follow this link - http://www.memorywalk.kintera.org/hays09/seanclaes
Memories of my Grandma are many... here are a few that float to the top of my mind:

- Growing up and visiting her at the cottage in Michigan where we would go swimming in Coldwater Lake and drink from shiny purple and green aluminum cups...and visitng Coldwater Lake in 2003 with her (with my wife) and reconnecting with old memories and friends.

- Visiting her at her home in Ohio where we'd talk about the world while she meticulously cleaned up after making her "Egg Beaters" eggs and eating at the Orchard Tree for dinner... her favorite restaurant,

- Taking her to have her cheese enchiladas at Tio Hut in Laredo where my parents live.

- Going on the Duck Tour, playing solitare, and getting to know her as a person other than a Grandma that summer of 2002.

- Introducing her to my first daughter (Mar Mar) who will hopefully remember the greatness that is her Great Grandma Soja.

- Walking with my whole family and my mother to remember Grandma Soja in 2008. I am doing this walk again this year to honor my Grandma.

I am determined to make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's disease. By participating in the 2009 Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk®, I'm committed to raising awareness and funds for Alzheimer research, care and support.


http://www.memorywalk.kintera.org/hays09/seanclaes

No comments: