November 1, 2005

Holiday Gifts from Austin???

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of locally-made things to buy people for gifts for the holidays? I'm trying to assemble a gift guide of Unique Austin items.

Criteria:
1. Made in Austin.
2. Available in local shops & online (please provide Web site)
3. Under $50 (budget)
4. Unique

Looking for clothing/food/pet gifts/kid stuff/adult stuff/college student stuff.

What's the coolest Austin-made thing you've ever gotten?
What can you give that screams AUSTIN?


Please feel free to post an answer via comment below...
Thanks for any help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely visit the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar - http://www.armadillobazaar.com/ . Great music, local artists, etc. Some of the stuff there gets pricey, but there is stuff available in the price range you're looking for.

Anonymous said...

I really like the nightlight I picked up recently at Vanilla Girl on South First. I'm fairly positive the glass front is hand designed and pretty darned cool.

Sean Claes said...

Thanks e... I'll definately talk about that in the story... I'm looking for individual items from individual artists who live and sell in Austin.

I'll check out Vanilla Girl... thanks annon.