January 16, 2006

Steelers, Longhorns, Nooner, INsite and coffee...

I'm on my 4th cup on kick-ass coffee at Cafe on the Square in San Marcos, TX. You should come in here... truly.. their breakfast is amazing and their basic cup-o-jo is the best coffee I've ever had (that wasn't "fancy" coffee).

They've also got free wireless so I'm here too.

So.. The Pittsburgh Steelers pulled off the upset of the season and beat the Colts...
Pitsburgh Steelers photo

Awesome. The Steelers have been my favorite team my whole life. Roethlisberger rocks. You can have your Cowboys, Patriots, and Packers... I'll take the yellow and black attack (Man.. they should have Stryper play their home games!...did I mention I'm on my 4th cup of coffee?). I missed the game. I went to visit some great friends. I wouldn't have it any other way.. I liked the surprise of walking in (wearing my Steelers polo) from a road trip and seeing that the Steelers dethroned the "unstoppable" Colts.

Now.. I thought they'd lose.. and I'm a realist... but how damn cool would it be to see the Steelers win the Superbowl on my 33rd birthday? Yup.. the big game is being held on my birthday! Whoop.

Now.. to the Longhorns.. Amazing season.. amazing Rose Bowl. Amazing celebration last night in Austin (I hear). What I can't understand is why is it everytime I see them they play "I've Been Working on the Railroad?" Why in all the yellow roses of Texas do they do that?
(I just got my 5th cup of coffee..my eye is twitching.)

I'm working on my interview for the February issue of Insite. I'm going to be talking to Nooner, who will be releasing their 2nd album It's Time on February 7th. They got me a rough cut of the album... wow. All I've got to say is by this time next year, you remember where you heard of Nooner first (or at least who is mentioning them to you now). These guys are going somewhere...

Nooner is going to be playing a HUGE show for INsite.. it's the first ever INsite Night on February 24, 2006 at The Dirty Dog in Austin.

12 Dramarama
10:50-11:30 Nooner
9:50-10:30 Freebleeder
8:55 - 9:35 Squint
8-8:40 Analog Missionary

The February issue will have interviews with all of these bands. INsite contributor Briana Reinertsen will be talking with John Easdale from Dramarama. I'll be interviewing Nooner and I'm also talking with Freebleeder and Squint. Danna Williams, another great INsite contributor will be talking with Analog Missionary.

Look for the issue on stands the first week of February...

OK.. I think I've said enough.
Go Steelers.

No comments: