December 29, 2005

Deadline oriented...

It's almost New Years and I'm on deadline for the January issue of INsite Magazine. We've got a great issue coming up (I'm the managing editor, by the way)... TXRD Lonestar Rollergirls on the cover since their A&E show is kicking off in January... a cool column from Chuck from 101X, an interview with Curt Kirkwood of Meat Puppets fame, an interview with Big Boi of Outkast fame, and a bunch of other things... stressful...yes... rewarding, hell yeah.

On a personal note, I'm falling apart. My ear still isn't back to normal from flying home last Friday (I was congested so I had slight pain..if you can call screwdrivers to my ears slight pain), I woke up at 3:00a.m. with a Charlie Horse. What a name... charlie horse... Who is Charlie and why has he let his horse attack my leg?

I looked it up..
Charley horse is a colloquial name for a sudden, painful leg cramp, likened to the kick of a horse. The cramp can occur in the thigh or the arch of the foot, but most often affects the calf muscle. The term comes from American baseball slang of the 1880s, possibly from the pitcher Charley "Old Hoss" Radbourne who is said to have suffered from them. Another story mentions a horse named Charley that used to work at Comiskey Park, the Chicago White Sox' ballpark in Chicago.
Source: Google Search


So.. 2005 is almost over.... I need a bananana and one of those ear-wax removal cones to celebrate. Is this where I admit that I'm getting old?

At least I've got my music....
*pops in Every Time I Die's Gutter Phenomenon*

No comments: