|I call this my NedMOterhead|
(Combination Ned Flanders and Lemmy)
It’s time men face some startling health facts:
- In 2011, more than 240,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
- In 2011, more than 33,000 men will die from prostate cancer
- One new prostate cancer case occurs every 2.2 minutes
- A man dies from prostate cancer every 15.6 minutes
- Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in men
- The incidence rates are significantly higher in African American men
- Prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in men
- 97% of prostate cancer cases occur in men age 50 and older
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, 1 in 3 women will be.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- 48% of testicular cancer cases occur in men between the ages of 20 and 34.
- 1 in 271 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer during their lifetime.
- Men commit suicide four times as often as women.
- An estimated 8.7 million adult men over the age of 20 in the US have diabetes- and a third do not know it.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in American males between the ages of 15 and 34.
- Approximately 50 million men and women in the US have high blood pressure- almost 30 per cent of them do not know it.