January 5, 2006

Another Longhorn Blog...

This is actually the first time I've dedicated a blog to the Longhorns. I was a Southwest Texas State Bobcat. My sister was an Aggie. My parents went to college in Ohio (Bowling Green). Not much family love for the burnt orange... but I've got to admit. Oh My God.. what an amazing game.

In fact, before the Bobcats made the playoffs this year and ended up 4th overall in the 1-AA polls I didn't care much about college football as a whole.


Well.. the University of Texas Longhorns won the Rose Bowl national championship. Awesome.
As my friend Brian, a Texas-Ex who was in the stands in Pasadena, text messaged me late last night... "Unbelievable."

Instead of my non-sports-knowing self trying to wax poetic on the game. I'll let the "experts" do the talking.

Young gets it done in Rose Bowl as Texas tops USC 41-38 By Kelly Whiteside, USA TODAY

Texas wins U.S. college title thriller By CBC Sports

Young turns in performance as big as Texas By Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com

Texas' Young is Magnificant Lone Star By JIM VERTUNO AP Sports Writer (ABC News)

Google Search

Make sure you click the "Sports" link below to read INsite's Pregame Tailgate (written by the amazing Andrew Fox in late December) for his predictions for 2006... He's been fairly dead-on so far... He was one point off on his Rose Bowl prediction. You can pick it up in print all over Austin..for free.




Hooked.

No comments: