February 4, 2006

My Birthday Week Fun - Day 6 - "Tired and Happy"

Last night my wife and I went to a Walt Wilkins show at Cheatham Street Warehouse in San Marcos. If you’re not aware of Walt Wilkins’ music… or talent as a songwriter… Here’s a link to his site.. make yourself aware - Wilkins’ Web Site. If my recommendation doesn’t do it for you.. maybe you’ll be persuaded when you hear that George Strait is recording one of his tunes.

Anyhow, Wilkins invited two friends to sit in with him at Cheatham – Ryan James and Sam Baker. Very good…

Anyhow.. I had my camera with me, as I often do and I snapped a few (OK about 70) photos… here’s one of the gang…
Walt Wilkins, Ryan James, and Sam Baker

Next time you hear from me about Walt, It’ll likely be an interview.

I’m a little tired today, but I’m wearing my Steelers jersey and ready for tomorrow. I’m wearing my Neil O'Donnell jersey today to remind myself that anything can happen in the Superbowl… and because I don’t want to be wearing it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I’ll either wear my Claes jersey (Number 73 after my birth year) or my Terry Bradshaw one. Yes, I have way too many jerseys… I’ve got a polo and 2 t-shirts as well… and a terrible towel and koozie…bobblehead doll… a custom-made table and a whole lot of other things. I’m not some come-lately Steelers fan… just in case you were wondering.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Yeah me.

1 comment:

Queen Kandis said...

Happy Birthday Bif! If the Steelers lose, you can always blame me. I used to be a pretty good scapegoat.