February 3, 2006

Birthday Week.. Day 5 - Time-wasting survey time.

Since it is my birthday week, I've decided to blog all those things I'd be annoyed about if someone else blogged them... surveys, forwards, and stuff like that... yes, this is my week of SPAM. Please bear with me.
Thank you.
- Sean


Take this survey about your High School memories:

1) where did you graduate from and what year?
United High School (Laredo, Texas) Class of 1991! GO LONGHORNS!!!

2) did you have school pride?
I was voted most spirited Senior

3) was your prom a night to remember?
Growing up in Laredo...people would go to the prom to take the photo, then head to Mexico to drink. I don't rightly remember my Senior prom. I think I had a good time. I remember my date (which was just a friend) had curled her hair so tight that it looked like a curly fry.

4) do you own all 4 yearbooks?
I do. I worked on the Yearbook staff for my Senior Year... Yeah, I can't believe I admitted that either.

5) what was the worst trouble you ever got into?
My lawyer advises me not to talk about this.
Actually, I guess the worst one was being sent to detention for smoking. The really bad stuff I did, I was too smart to get caught for.

6) what kind of people did you hang out with?
There were the "Nerds," "Preppies," "Jocks," "Cheerleaders," "Lowriders," and "Headbangers." I hung with the headbangers and the nerds... but was never really accepted into either group.

7) what was your number 1 choice of college in HS?
The only one outside of Laredo I thought about applying for was University of Texas. I missed the deadline for applying when I was ready (after graduating from Community College because I figured why pay big bucks for the same "credits" you can get at a CC), and I applied and was accepted into Southwest Texas State University... the best move of my life.

8) what radio station did you jam out to in high school?
94.9 was a rock station in Laredo until about 1992, then it became country..now I think it's tejano...or oldies. I'll bet the number is still 723-R-O-C-K though.

9) were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
I was the co-editor of the school newspaper, and worked on the yearbook. I did debate (poorly) in 9th and 10th.

10) what were your favorite classes in high school?
Newspaper, biology (but not the numbers part)

11) who were your biggest crushes in high school?
I had a big crush on the girl I went to my senior prom with... I told her one night in a drunken diatribe... and then we acted like it never happened for years... then bad things happened...so we closed that chapter.

12) would you say you've changed a lot since highschool?
I'm much more sure of myself... or am I?

13) What do u miss most about high school?
Not having to go to meetings, out of town for business and the subject changing a few times a day.

14) your worst memory of HS?
One of my friends was killed in a drunk driving accident... I was at the same place he was the night he died... working with MADD.

15) Did you have a car?
1979 green Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - THE TANK

16) what were your school colors?
Orange and White (we were the Longhorns..get it.. how original)

17) who was your fav. teacher?
Beverly Herrera - Newspaper.

18) did you own a cell phone in highschool?
I had a pager... *beep beep beep* My code when I called people was ###-#### *36

19) did you leave campus for lunch?
I had a "newspaper pass" that made me the king of "I can get you out if you buy."

20) if so, where was your fav. place to go eat?
Dairy Queen

21) were u late to class?
I was probably late... but not often

22) did you ever have to stay for saturday school ?
Like in The Breakfast Club? Um.. no. Our detention ran concurrently with the day.

23) did you ever ditch?
Heck Yeah. My house was about a mile from the school...and we had a pool.

24) when it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
When my 10 year reunion came by I went.. but I wasn't there... I had a fever of like 103 and the world was spinning. One of those sudden sicknesses. I'll be at the 15th (whoa.. that'd be this year) if we have one and certainly at the 20th. We had like 500 in our senior class..so I only remember a few. I talk to only one of them though.

25) do you wish you were still in high school?
I don't live in the past.

No comments: