March 7, 2006

Vending Machine Update... and more.

The Biggest Vending Machine Loser Update: The last Reece's Peanut Butter Cup was bought yesterday. It took almost a week for 5 of them to be bought (See my 3/1/06 blog if you have no clue what I'm talking about). I suspect the same person bought them all, one at a time. Now the vending macching company is the biggest loser because they've got an empty machine.

My photos at Seattle's Best on Congress @ Frost Bank Building: They still hang... I heard a few of the folks in the photos came in a little disturbed thinking I'm trying to make a profit of them. For the record, I'm not selling the photos (See my 2/24/06 blog if you have no clue what I'm talking about). It's just one way I'm trying to put a spotlight on Austin music during the month of March...espicially with that HUGE event happening... I mean Spring Break takes a big focus off Austin music.

I can't believe I'm asking Texas NOT to vote: Today.. do your state a favor and don't vote in the primary. I never thought I'd encourage people NOT to vote... but... it's the only way to get Kinky Friedman on the ballot... so... go see a movie today (an independent release maybe?) or go listen to a new album (How about someone from the Austin Indie Alliance) or anything but vote in the primary... and if you're on MySpace.com...

Befriend Kinky

March issue of INsite out: I'm pretty proud off the March issue of INsite. We've got Fall Out Boy on the cover and we've got a lot within the pages. You'd best pick up a copy in print all over Austin and/or download it at http://www.insiteaustin.com. My big project for March was an ALL AUSTIN-BASED BAND LISTING for the week of March 13-19, 2006. I did a mini-interview with Shandon Sahm and another with Full Service.

Confidential to the woman driving the Jeep Grand Cherokee on IH-35 North close to the Cesar Chavez exit at about 7:00a.m. this morning: Your hair is fine, you can stop brushing it.. it looked fine when you began brushing it around the Slaughter Exit... your driving skills though... those can see some improvement. I'm not sure if having great hair will matter to the family of three that you force off the road because you're driving like a fool in and out of the middle lane. Thanks and have a nice day.

For the lady above and everyone else... it's time for you to revisit an old column of mine from last year - How You Can Improve My Commute.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: