February 12, 2008

"Sean Claes Rocks Like Slayer" by Adam Donmoyer and the Naughty Bits

So... I turned 35 on February 5, 2008. There was a birthday party in my honor at The Red Eyed Fly in Austin, Texas. The line-up was great.... Boston band Say When played as did Austin bands Language Room, One Eyed Doll, The Banner Year and Adam Donmoyer and the Naughty Bits. You really should have been there.

So... Adam Donmoyer, who opened the show, surprised me by writing a song for me. To explain the backstory... I often use the phrase "That Rocks Like Slayer." Now.. I didn't originate the phrase... but I did get permission to use the phrase from Tom Araya (metal legend and lead singer of Slayer).

OK... so I had my camera on video and I was able to capture the song on video.... so I bring to you the first ever performance of "Sean Claes Rocks Like Slayer."



Thanks Adam Donmoyer, and the naughty bits... who are David Love, and Scott Wade.

If you'd like to see other videos from the night... including a set from The Banner Year and One Eyed Doll... visit my February 10, 2008 Myspace Blog.

No comments: