September 18, 2007

The great mind dump 9/18/07 edition

It's come to my attention that I have a very short attention span.

I mean, I like peanut butter pie, and I really think the one at the Texas Pie Company in Kyle, Texas takes top prize, or is at least in the top 5 peanut butter pies ever. It's certainly the best I've had from a store. No, they aren't paying me a dime, I just thought I'd bring it up.

You see, I like things that not too many people do. There aren't too many PB Pie lovers in the world... but if you think you could be one... that's where you should start.

Speaking of liking things not too many people like, I'm a big fan of putting soy sauce on my macaroni and cheese. Now, before you gasp and envision a horrible taste.. hear me out. Just try it one time. I am of the belief that you'll love it too. If you don't, well at least you can mark off that "do something new today" line off your list for the day.

The soy sauce on mac and cheese is something that my dad taught me. I'm not sure where it came from, I used to think it was a "north thing" since my dad grew up in Ohio, but once I talked to a few people from Ohio they debunked that theory right off. It's a Claes thing.

Another food item that is a bit weird to describe but tastes oh, so good, is "corn in a cup." I grew up in Laredo, Texas and this is something that people who are from that area (or "The Valley") will recognize, and salivate over. In spanish it's called "elotes en vaso" Check this one out... you start with hot corn (preferably cut off the cob)then add a layer of butter and cheese, then another layer of corn, a layer of sour cream and cheese, layer of corn, layer of butter, then corn, and top it with cheese and chili sauce.

I know, it sounds a little gross, but trust me, it's fantastic. Wish I could find somewhere in Central Texas that sold this delicacy. It reminds me of growing up.

When I was growing up, my parents rarely bought popscicles, instead we poured sugarless Kool-Aid into ice racks, covered them with saran wrap and stuck toothpicks in them. It was the best thing for a hot day. Never knew what I was missing with "real" popscicles until one day when my parents came home with the creamsicle... wow... popscicles filled with ice cream. Maybe that's why I find it hard to eat popscicles other than the ice-cream filled ones these days. Hmmm.. If I had a therapist, I'd call because I may have just had a breakthrough.

But, I don't have a therapist, I write. This blog is actaully my therapist, I'm just throwing things that are rattling around my head out on this blog for no other reason than I can. I have to make room for other things, so corn in a cup, peanut butter pie and things like that have to be taken out.

Remember at the beginning I said I had a short attention span? Well... welcome to my mind. Tuesday, September 18, 2007 edition. Thanks for reading.

I feel better now...

No comments: