January 10, 2007

A Little Post-Christmas Christmas Music - David Garza

I know it's after Christmas.. but you've got to hear David Garza's Christmas Download

I was just at David Garza's site (if you don't know this singer/songwriter you should) and for Christmas he put up something I'd never heard from him... a 17-minute piano instrumental of Christmas Music... it's hauntingly beautiful.

I recommend you go there and download it now... before he takes it down.
http://www.davidgarza.com/downloads.html

Oh.. he's playing Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Los Angeles in the next few months:

Jan 17 2007 11:00P - Continental Club Austin, Texas
Jan. 18 2007 9:00 Shoeshine Charlie's Big Top Lounge Houston, Texas
Jan 31 2007 9:00P - Continental Club Austin, Texas
Feb 1 2007 9:00P - Shoeshine Charlie's Big Top Lounge Houston, Texas
Feb 2 2007 8:00P - Bend Studios Dallas, Texas
Feb 9 2007 9:00P - Largo Hollywood, California
Mar 10 2007 8:00P - Gypsy Tea Room Dallas, Texas


FYI... his music is very different from the download I've sent you to. Visit his MySpace for more - http://www.myspace.com/davidgarza

David Garza is one of the first singer/songwriters who ever recognized ME. When I was starting out as an entertainment writer, I interviewed him back in 1997 after a show at San Marcos' Gordo's.

I followed his music and saw he was playing again in 1998 or 1999 at Gordo's again. It was just about the time that he was one of the featured artists in those Best Buy commercials...

Well... I went to see him and he was shut off early because there was a bunch of folks (fraternity or sorority party) who wanted to dance. So he announced that if anyone came to see him play he'd be outside... and while everyone was gathering he looked over at me and said, "Hey Sean, how's it going?"

Out freaking standing.
I'm going to try and make it to one of his Austin shows...

No comments: